Sedation Dentistry in Fort McMurray
Are you someone who fears visiting the dentist? Does the noise, smell or even the thought of visiting the dental clinic cause you to delay scheduling an appointment? If you are delaying a trip to the dentist due to a negative past experience, then we can help lessen your dental anxiety at Uptown Fort McMurray Dental with sedation dentistry in Fort McMurray.
Let Our Experience Be Your Guide
Through the use of oral medications or IV sedation, patients can now have their dental needs addressed in a stress free environment. Let us help you change your mind about a visit to the dentist. We encourage you to take that important first step and give us a call to book an appointment.
Who is a good candidate for sedation dentistry?
- Patients who have had unpleasant past dental experiences
- Individuals who find difficultly in feeling the effects of local anesthetics (freezing)
- Patients with very sensitive teeth
- Patients who are in need of extensive dental work, but would like to complete the dental procedure with minimal visits
- Adults who dislike injections and the look of needles
- Individuals who object to the noise, smell, and taste associated with dental care
4 Steps to a Comfortable Dental Visit
Step 1. Make Your Initial Appointment
We are here to answer all your questions and help you feel at ease for your first visit at our office.
Step 2. Your First Visit
Our staff welcomes the opportunity to get to know you, and to ensure that the procedure is structured around what is comfortable for you. If sedation will be required to complete your dental treatment, we will provide the best option for you. You will meet with your dentist and discuss a treatment plan. We will provide you with pre-operative instructions to make sure you are fully prepared for your appointment. We will then book the appointments according to a schedule that suits your busy lifestyle.
Step 3. Arriving for Treatment
A responsible adult must accompany you the day of your appointment. Your health and comfort are extremely important to us.
Step 4. Going Home
Due to the lingering relaxed sedative state, an escort will be necessary to drive you home. Any post-treatment instructions or necessary medications required for you will be left with the driver, in order to ensure that you are at ease at the conclusion of your procedure.
When should I not consider sedation dentistry?
While many options for reducing anxiety are considered safe for most patients, there are certain conditions and medications that could pose health risks. Talk to us today if any of the following apply to you:
- Nursing mothers
- Acute narrow angle glaucoma
- Allergy or sensitivity to benzodiazepine medications
- Significant respiratory problems, such as severe asthma or emphysema
- Severe medical conditions
- Taking a medication called an MAO inhibitor
Contact Uptown Dental Centre to learn more about sedation dentistry in Fort McMurray.
.All dental services performed by a general dentist.